Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012.

Well, before I get started on 2012, let's rewind a little.

Last year, at this time, I was about 5 months from graduating high school, and I had NO idea what I wanted to do. I kept going back and forth between a photographer and police officer- yes, you read that right; a police officer. I decided around March that I was going to put off school, for now. There was no use in wasting my time at college and wasting money on tuition that wouldn't help me, since I didn't know what I wanted to do. I had decided around April that law enforcement was something I wanted to do, so I found out what I had to do to get into the Birmingham Police Academy, and I couldn't even apply until I was 19 going on 20. I had some support from family, but from people at school, not so much.

I made it to graduation, even though I felt like the day would never come.

After graduation, I of course drifted away from everyone I talked to on a daily basis, and I'm pretty sure if I saw some people I went to school with today, they wouldn't even say "hey," but I was warned.

I went through football season, without getting tackled, and making some new friends along the way. Hewitt football in general is something I'll never forget, but the 2011 season is the best season so far. I laughed with the guys, and I cried with the guys; they made me apart of the team-which I'm extremely thankful for.

After making a goal list for the first time in my life, I found out I'd be fulfilling one of those goals, going to Miss America 2012 as press!

So why did I mention the whole police story?

Great question.

I've decided to stick to photography, but also find something else that I love. I'm planning to go to college to be an EMT, but for now, I'm staying with photography, just to see how far it'll take me.

This year has been full of up's and down's, but I'm incredibly blessed with all of the new opportunities coming up in my life. I've been blessed with the best support system in the world, that not everyone has. For anyone who's ever supported me, thank you.


So, what are your goals for 2012?

Mine are to enjoy life, travel a lot, photograph everything, be successful, and continue to work with photography and continue to build my portfolio.

Here are some of my favorite memories from 2011!

Thanks to everyone who's supported me this year! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment