Saturday, July 21, 2012

I'm 19 for a moment.

After an overwhelming few months of working everyday, I had a couple of days to have some "me time." Of course, I was still at work when I had this time to myself, but it was "me time" nonetheless.

In this time that I had to myself, I found myself very bored because I'm so used to going all the time. I found out a lot about myself during this time as well. I found myself looking into my life, thinking how I could make the most out of it, and of course, not have any regrets.

Something my parents have told me as long as I can remember is to have NO regrets in life. Of course, everyone has regrets about things they can't control and maybe about things they should've said in this situation, etc. However, with the things we can control, why should we regret our decisions?

At this point in my life, I can't say that I have any regrets regarding the decisions I've made, and the things I can actually control.

Looking back at my life right now, there's not much I'd change. I'd change the people that were with me, but I wouldn't change my accomplishments or my failures. They've shaped me into who I am.

However, when I look forward into my life, I see a ton of different things that I'd like to do, so that I won't go through life and say 'what if?' or 'why didn't I do that when I had the chance?'

So here are the things that I'd like to accomplish in my life:
   *this list will probably have a few things added by the end of this year
   - become a Paramedic

   - become a Police Officer
   - become a flight attendant
   - remain a photographer

And, I think I just read your mind..."Anna...what in the world are you thinking?! There's no way you can do all of that!!"

That's where you're wrong.

Everyone that's said something to me about regrets has told me that they regret not doing something/making a decision they wanted to because of someone else's remarks about it. So yes, it'd be a TON of work to be all of those things, but here's my question to you: If you want something so bad...why would you let someone talk you out of it?

Why are we so wrapped up in what other people think of us and what other people think we should do with our lives?

Wouldn't it just be a lot easier to live our lives for us and HELP others along the way instead of discouraging them from accomplishing something?

Don't let others tell you that you can't do anything in life. It's your life, you can do anything you set your mind to!

This is my encouraging message for the week! :)

Also, thank you to my family for always being supportive and believing in me when I can't believe in myself.

1 comment:

  1. Anna, I have always been so impressed by you so I have no doubt that you can do anything you set your mind to do. If the Lord has laid these things on your heart, then He will make a way for you to do all these things. I'm glad you put that you would remain a photographer because I think you are one of the best!
    Lynn Martin

    ReplyDelete